Single ply membranes are strong, flexible sheets composed predominately of synthetic polymer. Protan membranes vary in thickness from 1.2mm to 1.8mm and are hot-air welded at joints to form continuous waterproofing. When combined with insulation and continuous support they form complete, durable roof systems.
The application of polymer technology to roofing has unique advantages for the customer:
- Rapid construction allowing early interior fit-out
- Safe, flame-free construction using hot-air welding and fasteners
- Cold bridging eliminated by use of thermal break fasteners meaning minimal loss of heat through the roof
- Effective control of air leakage to meet new energy efficiency regulations
- Minimum roof zone depth to maximise design freedom
- Easy repair, modification and refurbishment
- Simple detailing to suit all situations
- Interfaces to other construction elements such as existing walls
- Various colour options with matching profiles for eaves, verges and parapets
Our Single Ply Membrane Flat roofs come with a 10 year guarantee.
We have several single-ply roofing membranes in our portfolio:
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin TPO) single-ply roofing
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) membrane roofing
- Ketone Ethylene Ester (KEE) membrane roofing